I’m partnering with the City of Graham Recreation and Parks Department on two new initiatives this Fall: Graham Walks, and Fitness First on Saturdays!
Graham Walks lasts for 6 weeks and is held on Thursdays, Sept. 7-Oct. 12. It’s a self-paced program to help you get 10K steps in a day, and you can win some great prizes. And I’ll be there to help you get started on a walking plan!
Fitness First on Saturdays will be at 8 a.m. on Saturday mornings from Sept. 9-Oct. 21 at the beautiful new Graham Regional Park. I’ll be on-site to answer questions and help you design a fitness plan.
Current group fitness classes
I guarantee you’ll leave feeling better than when you came in!
- NEW! Arthritis Relief Exercise Class in Durham – No gym membership required! Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m., (Level: Gentle) Information and registration
- Silver Sneakers Classic – Mondays and Wednesdays in Mebane. My class is known for great music and fun dance moves that are easy to follow. I’ve created an excellent full body routine that includes cardio, strength, balance, and stretching. Gym membership or Silver Sneakers membership is required. (Level: Beginner/Intermediate)
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program – in Cedar Grove, offered through the Orange County Dept. on Aging. (Level: Gentle)
For more information, or to be added to my mailing list to be notified about new classes and other upcoming events, please contact me.
Workshops and presentations
I enjoy presenting to groups, large and small. From a business conference with over 200 people, to a local church ladies’ group gathered in a circle, I’ve given motivational talks that include specific strategies for success in healthier living. Presentations are customized for the audience and topic.
I’ve given inspirational, informative presentations on a variety of topics, such as:
- Walking for fitness
- Losing weight and getting in shape when you’ve failed most of your life at that
- How to stick with an exercise program
- Small steps for big changes
- Exercises and other strategies to help when you have a desk job or otherwise sit a lot
Need a speaker for your group? Interested in setting up a class, workshop or other event? Please contact me and let’s talk!