New to Zoom? Here are some helpful tips.
- Sign in a few minutes early before class to ensure you’re setup and connected. You can use a laptop, computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Be sure your computer sound is on and turned up. If using Wi-Fi, for a stronger connection ensure that others in the house aren’t also currently using it.
- If it is your first time using Zoom, it will prompt you to install a helper app or to click “allow”. Just follow the prompts.
- In Zoom, you can turn your camera off if you don’t want others to see you. The “Start Video / Stop Video” option at the bottom of the screen turns your camera on or off. You can control if your mic is on or off as well. However, once we start our program I will mute all participants so that there won’t be sound interference.
- If you log in to Zoom and audio or video isn’t functioning properly, try exiting Zoom and restarting it.
- For security reasons also, please don’t forward your online session links to anyone, and NEVER post them online or on social media. That’s how Zoom meetings are being interrupted by trolls. Our sessions are private and access is controlled, in order to prevent this issue.
- Bluetooth earbuds will greatly enhance your class experience, allowing you to more clearly hear the music and instructions. You can find bluetooth earbuds on Amazon or at other electronic retailers.